Saturday, May 29, 2010

Another Day

It is so hard to actually get up in the morning and go for a walk. Yesterday I got as far as putting on my walking shoes, but ended up pulling weeds in the back yard. Today I made myself take those first steps away from the house and ended up walking for 40 minitues. The streets I walked along today were not quite as pleasant as my walk on Thursday. Lots of junky, weedy yards until I walked past my sister's home. Her yard is very nice and the neighborhood is better kept. A little dog tried to follow, but he got too far from home and turned back. I walked across the foot bridge over the river and along the parkway - nice park - a couple of old men resting on the benches. Crossed the river again and came out near the elementary school and on to my home. My toes hurt, my ankles hurt, my back hurts. I wonder if there will be a day when I will just feel good after a nice long walk?

1 comment: